Monday, May 16, 2011

less than a week

Seems like I am ready - well, the last laundry, etc. I take one rolling duffle bag and a back pack. If I take more glue sticks, I take less underwear. And books have priority over everything!

Today we got our assignments. Unlike India where I worked in the same day care with 2-3 year old kids every day, our assignments in Russia change daily. There are 6 community centers in Yaroslav that we serve for seniors, mentally challenged adults, and kids in transition out of home to foster/adopted care. So we are told to bring a lot of craft ideas. There are also some hospital opportunities. Since this is the start of the Russia volunteer season - no one goes in winter which apparently just ended - at least they won't have made all the crafts I have in mind.

The weather looks clear and slightly warmer than Chicago! I have layers of clothing. And women must have a scarf and skirt to go into any church.

About this time I am wondering why I do this....and looking for prayers. This year is no different!

1 comment:

  1. I will be following your adventures here in my cozy study. Godspeed, Jonnae

    ReplyDelete